If you’re reading this RIGHT now, like, the moment this came out, I’m out with some good friends ringing in the new year. I preemptively scheduled a post to come out now since I’m sure I’ll forget or something. If I’m keeping the promise I made earlier on, I’m probably extremely drunk right now.
If you’re reading this any time later than midnight on New Year’s…. well you probably didn’t need to know all that, did you? (what a dork)
I’m gonna start by showing you my outfit for tonight. First, I’m wearing a sparkly black dress with a pin striped blazer. Rocking my new wine red wig, sorry it looked a little messy in that shot.
Make-up was a little bit of a spin off of the look I did last year. But I love a little blue with a little sparkle, I think it works perfectly for NYE! Most of it was from my NYX: Love in Paris eyeshadow palette. Lipstick is my favorite Pink Ice by Wet N Wild.
On to resolutions!
I know I’ve said in the past that I’m not really a fan of the idea of New Year’s Resolutions. Like, why wait? I don’t know, I guess I’ve changed my mind. Sort of. I mean, definitely if you ever think of something you want to fix about your life, you shouldn’t wait. But there is something to be said about the shiny new year.
I do have a few resolutions I hope to try and accomplish within 2016. And here they are:
- Be more organized – particularly with financial and other important documents. Like, I need to make a genuine effort to keep things like that safe. I never really realized how important it was until recently, for a couple different reasons.
- This is one that I’ve already actively have been trying to get better at, but I still need work. And that is to “clean as you go.” I just need to take a couple minutes out of every day to look around and ask myself “what can I tidy up in this small amount of time?” Cleaning little by little will help alleviate any major cleaning I have to do all at once, which sucks way more than taking a second to just do something small right away so it doesn’t get out of hand.
- I resolve to get rid of AT LEAST one article of clothing each time I shop for more clothes. If I can’t bring myself to do it, then I can’t go shopping. I’m thinking of it as a fee. I have a hard time getting rid of things I don’t wear. There’s a lot of things I think I’ll get rid of, but then convince myself that I just might wear it one day. Guess what, I don’t. At least this way, I know I’ll be replacing it with something I will wear. This counts even if I intend on buying work clothes.
- Schedule a TBD amount of time to self-teach myself Photoshop. This is probably the most important one to me. I have really high expectations of myself for what I’d like to be able to do in Photoshop. This will never, ever happen if I don’t practice. I vow to pick an amount of time, say an hour a day to sit down and practice. If I’m not practicing I should be actively attempting to learn something. I just might report my findings here on the blog, to hold myself accountable.
- Which brings me to, blogging. I love blogging. Though I think of it as a hobby, and never something I intend to do hardcore, I’d at least like to spend a little more time on it. I’m not going to make a promise I can’t keep here, so I’m going to say I’m gonna try to post something new once every two weeks. I know sometimes I go for a month or so without posting anything. And then I get time off work and I post something practically every day. I’d say once every two weeks is doable. Even if I don’t think of anything interesting, at least I can post whatever I’m working on in Photoshop or something.
So, as of right now, I think that’s a great start. It’s been a great year for me! I learned about senior photography, I made some new friends, I went on an awesome vacation, and I got ENGAGED! And there’s something pretty exciting in the works for next year already, which I swear I’ll talk about soon!
What are some of your resolutions? What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2015? What’s the worst? Are you excited about the new year?